The Teknion Divert program is a turnkey service that provides the people and expertise to help our customers divert furniture and other assets they no longer need from landfill by providing them with the
opportunity to sell, donate, and/or recycle them.
Divert was established to help achieve Teknion’s and our clients’ goal of zero waste. Transparent and traceable, this program ensures our clients garner maximum financial and social benefit with minimum environmental impact to themselves and the communities in which they operate.
We accept any size project and will take furniture and other assets from any manufacturer, even if you are not buying Teknion moving forward.
Your Divert Solution
We maximize the social return of
your assets by matching them
with CRA registered charities, and nonprofits in need of furniture.
- An extensive network of vetted and registered nonprofits will be tapped into to identify potential beneficiaries for your donation.
- We aim to donate items within 50-100km of the decommissioning site, which ensures your furniture makes a tangible difference in the communities in which you work and live. Staying local also minimizes the environmental impact of transporting your assets.
- Recommendations on the type of nonprofits you want to work with are encouraged to make your donation more meaningful and relevant to your organization.
- Donations are also measured using the appraised value of goods gifted, the associated transportation, and the value of the volunteer hours saved by receiving charities, to quantify the social fabric value that you provided.
Any furniture that cannot be resold
or donated is disassembled and
recycled in accordance with industry
best-practice standards and at
verified facilities. During this process,
we often recover metals and other
components that provide you with
additional financial value..
- All materials sent for recycling are tracked at every
point to ensure responsible and ethical recycling
procedures are followed from beginning to end.
- All recycling and disposal facilities are vetted to
ensure systems are in place for precise separation of
materials to maximize the amount recycled. Any
remaining, unrecoverable material is sent to approved
waste-to-energy facilities whenever possible.
We sell as much of your furniture as possible, the value of which returns to you and offsets
We accept a wide range of projects and will take furniture and other assets from any manufacturer, even if you are not buying Teknion moving forward.
How We Work With You
Your Divert solution can include some or all of these options.
We track and report the social
and environmental impacts of your
diversion efforts for all assets
that enter the Divert program.
- A clear and measurable line of site for all assets
throughout their decommissioning.
- Reports sent directly to you, customized with
a variety of metrics and GHG equivalencies as
- Environmental metrics like tonnes of material
diverted from landfill and tonnes of CO2e avoided.
- Charitable tax receipts for all assets donated upon
- Appraisal documentation outlining the value of
- Aligned with carbon accounting standards, reports
can be used to quantify category 5 of Scope 3
Simple & Risk Free
Teknion will support you in the
process from start to finish.
- In collaboration with our program partners, we
ensure the process is smooth and transparent, with
minimal risk to you.
- We provide Transfer of Title of any assets is provided,
eliminating your liability during the transfer of
- Seamless communication and project execution
makes Divert a one-stop-shop for your redundant
assets. Let us take care of your sustainable
decomissioning needs with a simple email or call.