The Internal/Office Project Manager, Architectural Products (also referred to as the PMO) is accountable on Teknion run projects for working with Dealer representatives, Sales, Teknion’s Architectural Products Group, Manufacturing, customers, installers and trades to manage the entire quotation to installation process for Architectural products. To accomplish this, the position is responsible for preparing quotations and preliminary project schedules, for coordinating the preparation of design/specification drawings, and for coordinating the processing of orders with respect to a final project schedule and in conjunction with the above parties to ensure that all project activities are effectively executed with a minimum punch list. Projects are expected to meet or exceed customer expectations in line with Teknion standards and established project budgets.
- Project Facilitation
Project facilitation refers to the process of assisting dealers on a pro-active basis on dealer run projects to perform the role of a project manager in the development and execution of opportunities. This assistance is expected to commence from the moment the opportunity has been identified and the dealer is working with the client, Sales and Teknion's Architectural Product Specialists (APS) to develop a viable solution.
Project Facilitation also includes:
- Acting as the single point of contact for the dealer into the Architectural Products Group (APG)
- Continuously training of dealer resources on Teknion wall product, the specification of Teknion wall product and the management of Teknion wall projects
2) Order Management
Order management pertains to the process of actively intervening in the order process to ensure a positive outcome. The position is expected to perform this function on both Teknion managed and dealer managed projects. For dealer managed projects the intervention is typically triggered by a notification from an internal Teknion department or trigger (eg.Teknion Sales, Paf) or request for assistance from a dealer project management resource.
Teknion Managed Projects
- Act as the single point of contact between Dealer Sales, Teknion Sales, APSs and internal APG departments
- Provide support on major tenders as requested by Altos Management
- Maintain accurate project logs and documentation including as-built drawings and special conditions to support future reconfigurations
- Proactively pull together project teams to facilitate the successful processing of an order
- Assist with the clarification of end user requirements, suggesting standard alternatives to special requests or applications whenever possible
- Ensure that lines of communication with all applicable parties are maintained throughout the project
- Prepare and continuously update an accurate project schedule establishing critical milestone dates or assist dealers with the preparation of the same
- Work with all applicable resources (internal and external) to develop appropriate solutions; arrange meetings as necessary including face to face contact where appropriate to coordinate
- Enter or assist with the entry of specials to ensure that the exact requirement is clarified and that any pertinent details and restrictions are listed on the CR response
- Where necessary to facilitate a quick response provide estimates based on information provided by Engineering or historic data if necessary and only after confirming accuracy.
- Coordinate the specification of assigned projects by effectively managing available specification resources
- Work with the installation group to identify and recommend the appropriate installation resources for assigned projects
- Coordinate the site check, coordinate meetings with GCs to educate them on product capability, arrange to obtain sign-off for responsibility on hold-to dimensions
- Check specifications for Teknion managed projects as necessary to ensure accuracy; include field project management or certified installers as necessary in the check
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of the final quote/proposal; accept and process POs as required
- Split the order for Teknion assigned projects to make the best use of manufacturing lead times with consideration of warehouse or site conditions and the installation plan; educate dealers how to do the same for their projects
- Submit the order/sif as required; ensure that the acknowledgement is verified against the project BOM and that any anomalies are addressed
- Ensure that a delivery schedule consistent with the schedule is prepared by the correct party and submitted for approval
- Respond to schedule or production issues as required using change-orders if necessary; escalate where necessary to secure the required change and provide alternate solutions whenever possible
- Ensure that all client requested changes are documented, priced and approved by the client before proceeding with the change
- Assist with the resolution of claims and completion of punch-list as required
- Coordinate final walk-throughs and sign-offs with the appropriate parties for Teknion managed projects
Dealer Managed Projects
- Assist the dealer project manager and specifier to ensure that they carry out the activities as outlined above and complete the activities as per the project schedule
- Proactively alert all impacted parties if the dealer representatives are not completing critical project management activities, are not hitting critical dates or are otherwise not managing a project effectively
- Make recommendations to resolve project management issues and minimize the chances of project failure.
- Act as the single point of contact for the identified dealer project manager and specifier on project related questions submitted into Teknion’s architectural Products Group
- Process orders and change orders on submitted by dealers after reviewing for completeness and accuracy relative to the project schedule and product lead times.
- Work with Teknion resources to assist with the resolution of PAFs before communicating to dealers
- Work with Teknion’s Claims to assist with the review, root cause analysis and resolution of claims as necessary to support projects managed by assigned dealers.
- Provide formal specification and project management training to dealers as required; work with dealer resources on a continuous basis to improve their product, project management and specification knowledge.
Continuously seek to improve customer service skills specifically with respect to overall quality of communication, response time, information accuracy and willingness to assist
Continuously seek to improve customer service skills by striving to establish good internal and external working relationships, by ensuring that all problems are presented in a spirit of cooperation and by requesting information in a manner that reflects an understanding of the specific personality of the person or specific issues impacting the group from which the information is requested
Continuously seek to improve understanding of related business processes and establish good working relationships with other Teknion groups
Continuously seek to improve product and application knowledge to minimize the need to involve other departments when responding to questions; identify training requirements as necessary to improve and take the initiative to have this training delivered as required*
Clarify, investigate, research and filter questions properly with the goal of developing recommendations for resolution before seeking assistance or input from other internal departments
Implement pro-active communications to dealers to ensure that mentoring assistance is provided as early as possible in the process
Deliver formal dealer specification and project management training; actively develop new ways to deliver and improve the effectiveness of such training (eg. standardized content, using technology tools, follow-up reviews, etc.)
Perform simple pricing (eg. next size up within range, standard up-charges, pricing corrections, etc.) to expedite pricing and/or minimize the impact on the specials/pricing group
Provide feedback to Engineering on the accuracy or completeness of technical information provided and suggest ways to improve to reduce error*
Provide input to Engineering on new product design based on dealer feedback or issues with current product offering; input is to be provided as early in the design process as possible to ensure that the feedback can be incorporated if necessary.
Work with the Specification Software Coordinator to report specification software issues, test fixes, create documentation and deliver effective training to dealers
Report PPG, application and installation guide issues as to Product Marketing and/or Installation Management as necessary to ensure resolution
Actively seek to improve the capabilities of assigned dealers, identify gaps in training or competence as necessary and suggest resolution to management
Assist with the training and development of new department hires
- Successfully manage an average of six (6) wall projects per month
- Provide mentoring services to all assigned dealers (approximately 5 dealers per PM)
- Ensure all provided services are delivered in an effective, friendly and customer focused manner as measured by list dollar value of project punch list and claims < 2% of project product list, timeliness of project completion relative to schedule and direct dealer feedback via customer surveys.
- Written or verbal feedback on project status in the form of 1 report per month
- 12 software improvement recommendations per year
- Conduct 2 software training sessions per year