The CAD Specifier is accountable for the preparation of accurate specifications, quotations and installation drawings for Teknion products. Manage multiple projects with exceptional speed and accuracy.
- Create Teknion quotations from generic floor plans and use Specification software
- Create 3D drawings using appropriate software (currently AutoCAD)
- Assist Dealers, Designers and Sales Representatives with technical issues regarding layouts, electrical requirements, specials or structural concerns by attending planning and job site meetings with designers or electrical consultants when required.
- Review special products with the Engineering and Product Management group to ensure such products are feasible and acceptable.
- Manage Client Furniture Standards. Upload and manager sharing with Dealers.
- Ensure floor plans and application of products meet client's needs following formal approval process for drawings.
- Assist Sales with tender responses by interpreting product requirements and advising accordingly.
- Provide support to Customer Service Representatives with Dealer inquiries and in-house orders.
- Provide on-site support to installers to ensure correct installation of Teknion products when special conditions arise
Education & Experience Requirements
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Interior Design
- 1-3 years of working experience in space planning or specification experience with furniture systems
- Able to read engineering drawings for both architectural and electrical
- Knowledge of building and electrical codes
- Understanding of load and structural capacities for systems furniture
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills required.
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position