Teknion is hiring a Maintenance Mechanic for our afternoon shift to ensure that all equipment is functioning as required.
· Perform a “walk” upon arrival and ensure that all equipment is functioning as required.
· Create, document & input programs, program changes and troubleshoot for machines.
· Troubleshoot, maintain and repair all machinery at designated locations. This involves the use of manual or powered hand tools machining equipment.
· Refurbish electronic control board; troubleshoot, repair, replace and perform preventative maintenance for all electrical equipment including switches, relays, control systems, sensors etc. using various tools including soldering guns, scopemeter, megometer, multimeter etc.
· Responsible for the operation of robots in the plant. Reprogram robots approximately 5-6 times per shift for welding changes.
· Provide training for machine operators on how to change to pre-set programs, document changes and updates, utilizing various software if required.
· Machinery redesign/modifications and/or process improvement to include but not limited to fixtures, assembly jigs, carts, gauges, and guarding.
· Conduct preventative maintenance according to schedule. Primary responsibility for all robotic, electrical and PLC systems and equipment. Act as a backup for mechanical.
· Abide by OHSA regulations and Teknion policy and procedures pertaining to Lock Out/Tag out, completing work orders, etc. Advise Management of actions taken.
· Verify machinery and equipment is shut down at end of shift.
· Maintains safe and clean Maintenance area.
· Maintains stock of commonly used spare parts.
· Flexible to work on day, afternoon, and night shift.
Education & Experience Requirements
· Programmable Logic Controller – formal training.
· Robotic Systems – formal training.
· Extensive hands on experience with PLCs, robotics and electrical systems.
· Ability to read CAD drawings.
· Mathematical skills.
· Licensed to operate scissor lift and forklift.
· Strong knowledge of Ontario Electrical Safety Code, OHSA, TSSA, and WHMIS.
· Ability to operate manual and power hand tools machining equipment.
· Ability to read from tape measure, measuring tools and gauges.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes to include but not limited to CNC, Brake Press,
Welding, Paint line, Upholstery Equipment and assembly fixtures.
· Knowledgeable to use grinders, welding equipment, impact guns, etc.
· Knowledge of all machine functions and capabilities.
· Manual dexterity, mechanical aptitude, and positive attitude.
· Industrial Mechanic diploma or comparable.
· Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) license.
· Good communication skills, works well with others and are able to work with little or no supervision. Works well under pressure and is able to multitask.
· Knowledge of pneumatic applications and power transmission equipment.
· Certified First Aid, would be an asset.
· Solid health and safety knowledge.