VP - Human Resources
The Human Resources Business Partner is accountable for providing guidance and direction to both management and employees of their client group or facility to ensure that programs and practices are in place that support company objectives, are cost effective and in compliance with all workplace legislation. This will be accomplished through the alignment of Human Resources strategies with Teknion business plans. The HR Business Partner acts as a single point of the contact for the employees and managers in the business unit and:
· Proactively supports the delivery of HR Processes at the client’s side
· Manages complex and difficult HR Projects cross-functionally
· Builds a strong business relationship with the internal client
· Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implement changes necessary to cover risks
· Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
· Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
· Understanding of compensation practices.
1. The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for the application of a workforce planning strategy which aligns workforce needs to current and future talent and skill requirements. This strategy will encompass career development and succession planning initiatives.
2. The incumbent is responsible for the implementation of the overall recruitment and on boarding process for the client group.
3. The Human Resources Business Partner will implement an employee relations strategy that provides a framework for identifying and resolving employee relations and workplace conflict problems. This strategy will focus on education as well as providing counselling and corrective action tools.
4. This position is responsible for advising and coaching management relative to human resources policies, employment law and employment law compliance. To accomplish this, the incumbent will conduct training programs for both management and professional employees.
5. This incumbent is accountable for providing guidance to management relative to continually improving employee performance through the performance management program. This will be accomplished through training and the application of performance management tools.
6. The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for the customization and application of training programs that ensure job performance requirements are met for internal employees and external stakeholders. To achieve this, the incumbent must elaborate on competencies such as performance objectives and develop activities and exercises required to accomplish these objectives.
7. This position is accountable for ensuring that performance gaps of employees are identified through assessment models. This is accomplished by obtaining and analyzing data from various areas (any of or all of techniques such as interviews, questionnaires, group problem analysis, records, reports, job analyses and performance reviews). Through this analysis targeted talent solutions will be implemented coupled with new leadership development strategies.
8. The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for customizing and monitoring employee engagement initiatives. To achieve this, the incumbent will establish evaluation measures that provide a roadmap for success.
9. The position will be accountable to maintain and monitor health and wellness programs through the review of current practices and the coordination of all required training programs.
Education & Experience Requirements
Excellent communication, presentation, and human relations skills allowing to deal with sensitive and confidential employee matters;
Exposure to HR best practices, Organizational Change, Change Management, Performance Effectiveness, Training & Development
Strong business acumen to align both business objectives and HR strategies with corporate goals to maximize shareholder value
Strong diagnostic skills followed by good ability to evaluate options/alternatives and develop solutions/recommendations for solutions to complex and multi-dimensional problems/issues.
Strong project management skills and effective execution skills to ensure successful delivery/implementation of special initiatives, products, processes and policies
Demonstrated initiative and flexibility; acts proactively in identifying and capitalizing on opportunities.
Adept at building and managing relationships effectively and be able to gain the confidence of business leaders quickly